Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How to save €4,799 you didn't have in the first place.



They've been hailed as the 'extreme' trouser choice for SS09, but I'm really coming around to harem pants. Ralph Lauren's version is my faaaavourite, sadly they start at $1,400 for the Crepe de Chine version, rising to an eye-watering $4,799 for the utterly covetable, hand-sewn Sequinned Sheik Pant - and this is at a knock-down, bank breaking sale price.
There are at least three members of my social circle who would knock me down and break my face if I were discovered to have purchased a pair of four-grand pants. That said, I've put in a cosmic order for them, so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'm digging this easy, breezy little combo from Penney's - €40 for the lot...



Harem ruched leg trousers €11.00
Jersey top €5.00
Gladiator cork wedge €20.00
Check ruffled scarf €4.00

11 comments:

Lucys Lounge said...

you've being doing a great job bargain hunting, lately

drollgirl said...

fantastic!!! it looks great and the price is right!

Rats said...

No way jose those pennys pants are Lame!Lameo!

Rob a cash in transit van and buy a whole load of those RLs

Anonymous said...

I was sooooo against those pants for so long. And now I have to hold my hand up and admit I'm a wee bit fond of them.

Mary T said...

I have eventually come round to them too. I bought a pair that tie at the ankles and aren't to baggy in the crotch.

Profoundly Superficial said...

Harem pants are cool and stylish PROVIDED that you don't have a multitude of sins to hide!!

Lottie said...

OMG those pants make my thigs cry.

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

Dee- I know, it's heaven to be able to browse the shops while everyone else is at work!

Drollgirl- It's a pretty sweet deal alright. The scarf looks like nothing special on its own, but with the pants and vest, it's ace.


Rats - Don't think I haven't considered the robbery option.

Lovelydisco- I know, same here. I'd liken it to my complete aversion to skinny jeans when they first made an appearance - now I have ten pairs in a variety of colours.

Mary T - That's one thing I don't think I could handle, the baggy crotch version. They are everywhere in Barcelona, they look like accidental drooping and bunching. Gah.

Profoundly Superficial - I dunno, the stretchy fabric is quite accommodating...

Lottie - A friend found a pair that billow massively from the waist, gathering again below the knee, they disguise a multitude of sins...

Voodoolady said...

I've got love for Anna Faris.

Unknown said...

For a pant that's so tough to work they're priced high...

/Male-Mode.com

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

Cillian - Yeah, I presume you'd want to be sure you can work 'em before selling your car for the RL pair...