Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stunning


How many times have you walked down a quiet, dark street by accident and spent the entire walk thinking:
"Shit, shit, shit, shit, I'm going to get murdered now, I know it, this is it, that man I just saw getting out of his car is going to fucking murder me!
Maybe I should pre-empt him and start screaming now, or maybe I'll do Oprah's car-keys-in-the-fingers attack, or bite him, but I might get blood and skin in my mouth! And there'd be a crunch, I don't know if I can handle the crunch."

Just me then? Anyway, most of the time it's not a murderer, or it was and it was his night off, but if it ever was, then a piece of jewellery filled with pepper spray would be quite handy.

Personally, I'd be happier if I had something sharp I could actually kill him with, but this would do nicely if you had nothing else to hand.

Loaded up with peppery "POW!"(400 times stronger than the average jalapeno) it sprays upwards of 12 inches and also features a safety lock to make sure you avoid any hilarious accidents.

The effects last for 45 minutes, leaving you more than enough time to kick your attacker in the balls and give him a stern lecture on not murdering while you wait for the police, or an ambulance.

The ring sells for $30 in ring sizes six to 14 with each refill tacking on an extra $8.
From Gizmodo

11 comments:

Tuesday Kid said...

You could do some damage with one of those rings. The police would be matching it up to the hole in your attacker's face if things went bad.

I get people thinking i'm going to mug them all the time but that's not fair because I'm much better at burgling so there's really no need.

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

Is it still murder if you murder someone you presumed was about to murder you?

Anyway, the pepper spray wouldn't leave a hole in his face, and I'd have run away before he got a chance to see me. Plus, what's he going to say? "I was just contemplating a surprise assault on this woman when, out of nowhere, she blinded me and kicked me in the balls! It's so unfair!"

Tuesday Kid said...

The ring would leave the hole in his face and the police could take your ring and slot it into the nasty hole and say "it was the Sexy Pedestrian wot done it."

As for killing someone who was going to kill you. I think the law says if you felt your life was in danger and it was the only way to protect yourself then it's self defence. There's a big grey area on what's reasonable and what isn't.

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

Then my blog would be used in evidence and I'd be banged up, innit.
I'd just like to make it clear that I'd never kill anyone who wasn't going to kill me first.

fmcgmccllc said...

Lets cut to the chase, are these rings legal on airplane flights? How would they know? May only buy you a minute but sometimes all you need is a minute.

Figuring out the safety may all be a problem as you may need to spray yourself and replace the spray numerous times if you are not good at learning appliances.

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

I didn't think of that! You could zap a terrorist in two secs, you could be a hero! Bet they wouldn't arrest you afterwards...

sarah said...

good for an H&M collaboration opening too...

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

And the January sales, Tesco on a Friday evening, the taxi queue on Saturday night... the possibilities are endless!

Killer said...

Nice rings there like knuckle crackers

Anonymous said...

I want! Sort of.

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

What the hell are knuckle crackers?