Monday, February 16, 2009

Jean genius


Apart from the obvious problem of street-drag (where the hem of your super-flares trails along the pavement, sucking up water until, on a rainy day, it reaches the back of your calf - you freak out and never wear them again) super flares are definitely one of my ten favourite clothing items of all time.
It could be something to do with being small (I'm 5'2, but in magic pavement skimming flares I can wear my most suicidal platforms without anyone noticing, thus adding a sneaky six inches) or it could be the way the wide leg makes your waist look positively waif-like, but they're my fail-safe pants option and I collect them obsessively.

Imagine my glee five minutes ago when these babies arrived in my inbox... meet the Molly Vintage blue piped wide-leg jean, an absolute STEAL at £27.41 (around €30)

By my calculations, that's three boxes of Marlboros, an iced mocha and a copy of InStyle. All of which I can do without ('tis far from iced mochas I was raised)... bargain!


Asos.com

13 comments:

Red said...

Riverisland do great ones aswell...they give the assless of this world (me) a nice round beeehind

Lottie said...

I love those. They remind me of a pair of jeans I had when I was 17. Lovely!

Rebecca said...

haa i like the idea of sneaking the hells undernieth, i have a topshop pair, there darker though, i profer the lighter jeans, there really nicexxxx

Theresa said...

oh wow.. they look great

Sarah said...

I am going to attempt to fashion a pair of these out of some old sailor pants I picked up a few years back.

Just out of curiosity, where are the pockets located on these?

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

Front and back... click on the pic for a link to the site, there are a few more pics there.

Amelia said...

Those are totally ridiculous. I think I love them, but it's kind of hard to imagine any real person wearing them.

www.janetteria.com said...

I love it.

Thanks Ur lovely comment, dear. Check this out, if U have a mood!

xoxo: Janet

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

Red- RI Jeans never fit me properly, maybe it's something to do with already having a "nice round bee-hind" of my own!

Lottie - Totally, I wore these all the way through secondary school.

Rebecca- it's amazing the lengths I'll go to to look taller, but short of getting one of those leg lengthening operations, this is a good one.

Amelia- I'm real!

Rebecca said...

i seriously dont think there is a secret, lol mines just how i wake up with it, or i dry it upside down , erm my friend the one with the wacky blonde hair, hers is also natural, her sister has the same hair, just never brush it,
i cant remember the last time ibrushed my hair xx as bad as it sounds

Pattie said...

I really want these...but cannot afford :(

Kimberly Julie said...

i'm super tall (5'10'') so i could probably pull these off, but they are far too daring for me! i applaud your bravery and style!

Unknown said...

Those look, so comfortable!