Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Take the floor



Flooring is an expensive business. I love real wood floors, but the budget wouldn't stretch to the cherry beauties I've been lusting after since I picked up my first interiors magazine. Imagine my delight when, having rented an industrial sander for around €80, we uncovered some passable floorboards underneath about ten layers of thick, dark brown and dirty varnish in the bedroom of our ancient Cork city two-bed.

We varnished them for another €30, and while I'm sure most wood experts would tell us they're incredibly damaged (particularly after some brutal and inexperienced treatment with the sander) they're not bad at all. The pic above is pre-gloss, but it shows the pre-sanded shite we were dealing with.

The pic below is what it looks like now, magic!

3 comments:

..... said...

i love how u can post about fashion then about design and home etc........

VanessasRunway said...

I love the way wooden floors make a room look. So simple and clean. ;)

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

Thanks MR. - I use a combination of ADD and boredom.

Cheers TS -low lighting makes them look a whole lot cleaner!